Quick overview: A website that contains examples of actual spoken French phrases.
What does it do? The Discover France site is great FSL site for students with an English mother tongue. On this site, there are TONS of French phrases for your students to click on and hear a pre-recorded example of the pronunciation. Each phrase is accompanied by a written English translation. Don’t worry about the France part, this site works great for Quebec students too!
How can it be used in the classroom? The Discover France site can be used for oral and written comprehension. There’s also a written English translation for every spoken French phrase. Here are some links for you to try out with your students:
- Dining: http://www.discoverfrance.com/dining.html
- Travel: http://www.discoverfrance.com/transportation.html
- Directions: http://www.discoverfrance.com/directions.html
- Numbers: http://www.discoverfrance.com/money.html
- Biking and walking: http://www.discoverfrance.com/biking.html